New Jersey Possession of Fake ID Lawyer
Skilled and Experienced New Jersey Possession of Fake ID Lawyer in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County, and Throughout NJ
In many cases, using a fake ID is simply an error in judgment. However, it can have a long-term impact on your life. A conviction for possession of a fake ID will result in a criminal record. This will make it difficult to secure employment and may result in the loss of your license as a professional. You may even find it difficult to access various housing options or credit facilities. New Jersey law takes possession of fake ID as a serious crime. It is therefore important to hire an experienced New Jersey possession of fake ID lawyer to defend your rights.
If you or a loved one has been found in possession of a fake ID, don’t hesitate to contact Mollo Law Firm. Our attorney, Al Mollo, will get started in protecting your rights immediately. While the idea of using a fake ID doesn’t seem like much to many people, it can result in a conviction and long-term consequences. Our attorney will work to ensure the best outcome in your case. He understands the complexities that New Jersey’s strict laws present. He will provide you with a strategy for your defense.
Contact our law firm now to schedule your appointment.
Fake ID Charges in New Jersey
Fake ID charges in New Jersey can be classified as either fourth-degree crimes or third-degree crimes. This depends on the circumstances of the case. You may be charged with possession of fake ID based on:
- Tampering with public records – This involves trying to alter a legal identification card. You are therefore in possession of a lawful ID on which you have altered the information.
- Purchasing or manufacturing a fake ID – This is the most common type of fake ID charge. It involves making fake IDs that will be used for an unlawful purpose such as gaining entry into a club or bar, consuming alcohol or tobacco, purchasing tobacco or alcoholic beverages. This type of charge is a fourth-degree crime.
Under New Jersey law, you can be charged with possession of a fake ID if you were found with a fake ID on your person. It doesn’t matter whether you intended to use the fake ID or not.
Penalties for Possession of Fake ID
Penalties for possession of Fake IDs vary depending on the circumstances of your case. If you are convicted of having or using a Fake ID your punishment may include:
- A fine of up to $1000
- Community service
- Probation or jail time
- Additional penalties or fines
In addition to the penalties outlined above, you may also have your driver’s license suspended for not less than 6 months. The suspension could last up to 2 years. If the person charged with the crime is a minor and does not already have their driver’s license, they may be required by law to wait a little longer for the privilege to drive.
There are also various other consequences that may result from being convicted for possession of fake IDs. These consequences mostly affect minors that have been found in possession of a fake ID. They include:
- Having your college applications denied. You may therefore not be able to attend your school of choice or study the course you wanted to.
- Loss of scholarship opportunities. You may have to pay full tuition which can be very expensive.
- Difficulty securing employment. Potential employers may not hire you on the discovery of your criminal record even if you are qualified for the position.
- Difficulty in joining the army. You may be forced to wait longer to enlist in the army.
- Limited mobility. Your freedom and movement may be limited due to having no driving license.
- Limited housing options. Many landlords today carry out background searches on potential tenants. Landlords may not be willing to sign a lease if they discover that you have a criminal background.
Contact Mollo Law Firm to Schedule Consultation with a Skilled and Experienced New Jersey Possession of Fake ID Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been charged with possession of a fake ID? While it may not seem like a big deal, trying to use a fake ID in New Jersey is considered a crime. A conviction will result in a criminal record. This will have a long-term effect on your life. You can’t afford to take any chances. Contact Mollo Law Firm to speak with our skilled and experienced New Jersey possession of fake ID lawyer. Attorney Al Mollo has extensive experience in representing both adults and minors charged with possession of fake ID. He will fight to ensure you don’t have to deal with the negative consequences of a criminal conviction.
Contact us now to schedule your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Possession of Fake ID Charges in New Jersey
Possession of a fake ID is a crime in New Jersey. If you are a minor and are charged with possession of a fake ID, the prosecution won’t have to do much in order to get a conviction. In many instances, minors use fake IDs to try and gain entry into clubs and other such places. When these IDs are identified they are immediately confiscated by undercover officers or bouncers. These fake IDs are the most powerful piece of evidence that the prosecution can provide to get a conviction.
Yes. While the law does not require you to have legal counsel, it will benefit you a great deal to have a lawyer fighting for your rights. A conviction for this crime can have long-term effects on your life. You should therefore not take any chances and hire a skilled and experienced New Jersey possession of fake ID lawyer to defend your rights. Hiring an attorney will greatly improve the outcome of your case.